Standard Terms & Conditions – Holiday Lettings
Please read carefully
- All bookings are arranged for the dates shown on your receipt.
- All bookings are made in good faith by us but may be subject to change as may be notified by the owner prior to the commencement of the booking.
2i. Weekly bookings only may apply
- Bookings will only be confirmed upon payment of the required 50% deposit, which must be paid within 7 days of making the booking. If the deposit is not paid by the due date your booking will be cancelled without notice.
- Annual rebookings must be made within the term of your present occupancy and confirmed with holding deposit of $300. The balance of the 50% deposit is due June 30 prior to the start of your holiday. UNFORTUNATELY REBOOKINGS CANNOT BE ACCEPTED ON CHANGEOVER ARRIVAL/DEPARTURE DAYS.
- All forward booking deposits are accepted on behalf of the present owner. Should ownership’s change; we cannot accept responsibility for arrangements or decisions made by the new owners.
- Bonds may be required.
- A non refundable booking fee applies
- A non refundable EFTPOS/Credit Card recovery fee may apply.
- All letting fees are payable prior to the commencement of letting period.
i.For Christmas, Easter, School and Public Holidays the balance is due 31 days prior to arrival.
ii.For all other periods the balance is due at least 14 days prior to arrival.
iii.Payments can be made by: eftpos, mastercard, visa card, direct credit, bank cheque or money order.
- Weekly lettings commence at 2:00pm on the day of your arrival and terminate at 9:30am on the day of your departure. Return keys to our office.(If unattended, please place keys through slot in door).
- Weekend lettings commence 2:00pm Friday and terminate at 9.30am Monday. Please return keys to our office. (If unattended, please place keys through the slot in door).
- Guests arriving after hours will need to contact the office during business hours for key safe code.
- $25 BBQ cleaning fee will be charged for unclean BBQs.
- A $25 fee applies, for collection of items that have been left behind at properties. It is also the guest’s responsibility to arrange for a courier to receive their belongings back at their own cost. Alternatively COD can be used.
- Agree to pay $50 fee on the departure date if the property keys are lost and/or not returned.
- A completed guest registration form is required for all bookings. The registration form requests details of your vehicle registration, credit card details. If credit card details cannot be supplied a $400.00 cash bond is payable. The bond balance will be repaid by cheque within 14 days of your departure.
- IMPORTANT – PLEASE NOTE: Letting fees are subject to increase without notice. If the letting fee is increased after making your booking, you will be given the option of paying the increase or receiving a full refund of deposit.
- Should a guest require duplicate keys after hours a service fee will be charged. If no spare key is available guests may be liable for any costs involved in gaining entry to the premises. Guests must not break in or attempt to break into premises.
CANCELLATIONS/REFUNDS – TO AVOID LOSSES IT IS RECOMMENDED YOU OBTAIN TRAVEL INSURANCE
- In the event of a cancelled booking, the deposit is not refundable. However if we are able to rebook the premises for the entire booking period a cancellation / administration fee of $110 will be charged, and the remaining deposit refunded.
- No refunds are possible for any unused portion/s of the booking.
- We cannot accept responsibility for actions taken by the owner of the premises outside our control and we reserve the right to cancel any booking should any circumstances arise that, in our opinion, renders the booking impractical. In either event, every reasonable endeavour will be made to arrange alternative accommodation or dates suitable to you, failing which, all deposit monies, will be refunded. However, no other claim, right, action or demand shall exist in or can be made by you.
- Please wrap all garbage and place in the appropriate bin supplied. Council contractors collect every Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday night, depending on your location (see details on the reverse side of the guest questionnaire), so please place the bin at the kerb the night prior. Please ensure excess garbage is disposed of, prior to departure at Tea Gardens landfill (located in the Industrial Estate)-check opening hours. Excess garbage left behind will incur a disposal fee. Ensure the correct bin is used for recyclables & non recyclables as the pickup will be rejected if wrong bins are used.
- You are required to leave the premises clean, neat and tidy. Please ensure that prior to your departure that all washing up is done and all garbage is wrapped and placed in the appropriate bin provided, and any excess garbage removed to the landfill at Tea Gardens industrial area. Fish must not be cleaned on the premises. Extra fees will be charged should the premises be left in an unsatisfactory condition.
- The health authorities do not allow overcrowding. Therefore the number of guests of a property must not exceed the number indicated on our website & in our Guide.
- Unless the premises are designated “pet friendly”, animals/pets are not permitted in or about the premises. At premises designated “pet friendly”, pets are welcome but are not permitted inside under any circumstances. Agent is to be advised of the pet type, size etc at the time of booking. Bonds may be required.
- If the property is being offered For Sale the occupier agrees to allow the owner or agent to conduct inspections with prospective purchasers at mutually convenient times by appointment.
- You are required to allow repair and/or service personnel to enter the premises for the purpose of conducting any repair or service deemed necessary by the Agent. Access times will be arranged prior where possible and, unless in the opinion of the Agent an emergency situtation could exist or arise, will be between the hours of 9.00am and 5.00pm.
- The Guest is responsible for payment for any damage, breakage or loss. All such occurrences must be reported to the Agent.
- Do not move furniture &/or items from one property to another; Do not move furniture from one room to another and ensure that only designated balcony furniture (where supplied) is used outside.
- We cannot accept responsibility for personal possessions left on the premises. Please ensure that you have packed everything before vacating. If items are left behind, we will endeavour to recover and return items of value, but take absolutely no responsibility. Charges for recovery of goods will apply.
- Avoid unnecessary noise and behaviour that may disturb or distress neighbours or adjoining occupiers. Children are not allowed to play in driveways or on staircases. Bylaws are to be obeyed. Should police be called during your stay, immediate eviction could occur.
- Property descriptions in the Guide, on our website or within telephone conversations/enquires are made in good faith. No responsibility can be accepted for errors, omissions or misdescriptions.
- Unfortunately, we are unable to deliver messages.
- Mailbox keys are not supplied. If you are expecting mail, have it directed c/- the Hawks Nest Post Office or c/- our office, and check every now and again.
- All properties are furnished & fully equipped, except for linen. Linen can be hired locally; otherwise you will need to bring all linen, toilet requirements and cleaning agents. Our aim is to maintain a high standard of accommodation but we must point out that the properties are privately owned and are furnished to the individual owner’s standard.
- Telephones are not generally available in properties, unless otherwise stated. If a telephone is provided all calls must be paid for.
Please be aware that NSW Fair Trading have made changes to Short-Term Holiday Code of Conduct Regulations. For a full copy of the Legislation and Code of Conduct please refer to the ‘Code of Conduct’ section on our home page.
The Code of Conduct imposes certain behaviour standards on guests in short-term rental accommodation including:
- You must not make noise that unreasonably disrupts your neighbours.
- You must not cause damage to the premises, including any common property in a strata scheme or association property in a community scheme.
- You are responsible for the actions of your visitors and must ensure they comply with the behaviour standards set out in the code.
If you do not meet your obligations under the code, you could face penalties such as warning notices, fines or being added to the exclusion register. A person who is listed on the exclusion register is prohibited from participating in the short-term rental accommodation industry for five years.
PLEASE READ THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF YOUR HOLIDAY LETTING CONTRACT CAREFULLY AS ANY DEPARTURE FROM THESE CONDITIONS PERMIT THE OWNER OR AGENT TO REFUSE THE KEY, AMEND THE LETTING FEE OR IMMEDIATELY TERMINATE THE LETTING.
PLEASE ENJOY YOUR STAY AND ALLOW OTHERS TO DO THE SAME